Pre-Development Checklist for Project Plans
Software project managers do considerable preparation work before they create a project plan. Preparing a pre-development list will ensures that your project plan will have a strong foundation.
Before any project you need to follow some steps
- Speak with the appropriate stakeholders who are involved in the project
- Meet your experienced managers who have already successfully completed similar projects
- Collaborate with your project team to understand their strengths, weaknesses, and experiences
- Understand how each team member can contribute to project success.
- Discuss with your project sponsor what his expectation of the project, so that you both can understand how the software will look like when delivered.
- Make a document of the assumptions and restrictions in the software project so that you will get to know how they affect your software project.
- Develop a solid change-control system so that you can prevent scope creep.
- Make a clear communication plan, document and distribute it .
- The project charter must be sign-off by the project sponsor.
One of the purposes of the project plan is to document and communicate with team and the sponsor what you hope to accomplish when you develop the software.You must make a
You must document
- The resources
- Timeline (Start and Enddate of each tasks)
Before you document all of this information, be sure to
- Talk with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Gather all of the requirements.
- Meet with your project sponsor.
- Talk to senior project managers who have preceded you.
If you follow these things you can create a successful project plan.